5 Simple Ways to improve your websites On-page SEO
In part one of this guide to SEO mastery we will be describing 5 quick ways to improve your “On-Page SEO”.
First of all let’s define On-Page SEO shall we. On Page SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is everything that can be done on the pages of your website to maximize the potential performance it has in search engines for your selected keywords. So for example this includes all the text, pictures and code that make up your site.
To make sure search engine robots know exactly what your website is about and exactly what key words you are targeting it is important they are present in the “website architecture”. The below examples explain how you should edit your sites structure according to SEO best practice.
1. Title structure! First things first, the title that appears in the browser bar should contain the key word(s) you are targeting.
2. URL structure; it is also a good idea to use the keywords in the actual URL address. For example http://www.curve-interactive.com/inbound-marketing.php instead of something like this www.curve-interactive.com/Article3php12433 As well as looking a lot nicer it also adds “SEO juice” to your page because the keywords are used. Amazing right. This also encourages people who link to your pages to use the URL name as anchor text.
3. Internal anchor text; instead of using “click here” or “read more” use keywords to link to your pages, it helps Google better understand the content of the link! (What is Anchor text?)
4. Individual page metadata! In the <head> of your page make sure you have metadata and make sure for every page it is different!
The text written here isn’t actually used by search engines to rank your website, but it is very important for the human reader! Let’s remember you should be building your website for people, not for search engine robots! Having a compelling description here, that is individual for every page, which includes your targeted key words will help with click-through rates.
5. Heading tags; when designing your website make sure you use the html heading tags! <h1>, <h2>, <h3>, etc. By using these you are making it easier for search engine robots to understand and determine what your page is all about, what is the main topic and what are sub-topics.
And that’s all for now! If you would like some more quick tips on how to improve your on-page SEO check our SEO research soon! If you would like to know in more detail about the 3 main factors search engines take into consideration when ranking your page in its search results look no further! Click here
By the way according to HubSpot On Page SEO only impacts you’re websites page ranking in a set of search engine results by around 25%. That means 75% of your total SEO is made externally.
If you would like to discuss how your company could implement best practise on-page or off-page SEO to help market itself online call Curve today- +44(0) 20 8773 5592